Diploma in Education and Training - Level 5
The one-year diploma in education and training (Level 5) programme equips aspiring teachers and trainers to work in various settings and paves the way for future education. The Diploma in Education and Training (Level 5) satisfies the needs of aspiring teachers and trainers, including those who do not currently teach or train but who meet the practice requirements, those who do teach or train (including those who have just started doing so), and those who work as assessors but would like to earn a teaching qualification. All students must fulfil the practice requirements of the qualification, including the observed and assessed practice.
Students can acquire a broad range of knowledge about education and teaching through research, independent study, directed study, and real-world situations when they take the diploma in education and training course. In addition, students will acquire specialised knowledge, employability, and transferable skills to improve their professional prospects. The education and training diploma can be used as a springboard for pursuing several professional memberships. In addition, graduates will have the abilities and information necessary to advance and accumulate credits towards bachelor's degree requirements in higher education institutions.
Intakes: September, January, June
Duration: One year
Awarded Qualification: Diploma in Education and Training (Level 5)
Locations: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training (15 credits)
- Action Research (15 credits)
- Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area (15 credits)
- Effective Partnership Working in the Learning and Teaching Context (15 credits)
- A minimum classification of 2:2 on the written portion of the bachelor's examination (500 words).
- During the admissions interview (8–10 minutes), you must show a genuine passion for teaching and learning.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.0 or an equivalent test for B2 CEFR level. BKSB is not allowed. Minimum in each component: 5.5.
- Students with first degrees from the UK but whose first language is not English are not required to submit their IELTS results.
- Enhanced DBS Check: Students must complete an Enhanced DBS check before beginning the programme.
- All applicants, whether pre-service or in-service, must be able to complete 100 hours of teaching (volunteer, paid, unpaid, part-time, or full-time).
Finance your study
Visit the UK government website's Student Finance page to apply for government assistance with your tuition. This could come in the form of a maintenance loan, grant, or loan for tuition fees. Your institution or college will get payment from a tuition fee loan to offset the cost of your upfront expenses. Only once you have completed your study and make at least £26,575 per year do, the loan repayments begin. You can apply if you're a full- or part-time student.
You can also apply for a Maintenance Loan if you qualify. The loan is deposited straight into your bank account at the beginning of the period. Only once you have completed your study and make at least £26,575 per year do, the loan repayments begin. Again, maintenance grants are deposited into your bank account at the beginning of the term. Although you are not required to pay it back, any money you get will lower the amount of the Maintenance Loan that you are eligible for. To qualify for living cost assistance from Student Finance England, new students must demonstrate that they have resided in the UK for five years before starting their studies.
Finally, if you want more information about the Diploma in Education and Training course or to start your application, you can book a free consultation with UK University College. If you need help, you can contact us through our Facebook page.