Studying in the UK without IELTS - Study in uk without ielts
Let's talk about the options for studying in the UK without IELTS. To get admission, universities in English-speaking nations require scores on English proficiency exams, such as IELTS, PTE, etc. They need an IELTS score of 5.5 for each band and an overall six or above; however, several universities accept applications without IELTS. They also check the students' English language proficiency. For example, if they have a B or above in their XII-grades English subject, many universities accept them. It does not mean all Universities accept applications without IELTS. An IELTS score is always much better; it is widely accepted in the UK. It's highly accommodating to give IELTS as well. Our primary purpose is to inform you about the available options.
Conversely, studying in the UK without IELTS is possible, but universities might call you to examine your English standard. Provided that you meet the following requirements:
- For example, some accept with B or above or over 70% in English in Class XI.
- You must pass your 12 grade within a few years, not a big gap.
- You may prove that English is the medium of instruction in your School or College.
- And there may be an online Interview by a university staff member to check your English levels.
In addition to submitting evidence of your academic records in English, you may also use a variety of other specifications when applying to UK universities that require proof of your language proficiency, such as taking a telephone meeting round or taking into account those who have completed their education in English.
Below are a few top UK universities accepting students without IELTS
UK Universities Without IELTS
Many universities within the UK, including many of the most highly ranked and internationally acclaimed universities, do not require IELTS for admission. Here is a list of universities which may accept applications without IELTS to study at their universities. Universities regularly update their rules, so please check their website before applying. It's only for guidelines.
- University of East London - 12th Grade English 70 (B+) with Pre Cas or English Interview
- Wolverhampton University - 12th Grade English B - with Pre Cas or English Interview
- University College Birmingham - 12th Grade English B - with Pre Cas or English Interview
- The University of Worcester - 12th Grade English 65+ or B - - with Pre Cas or English Interview
- Buckinghamshire New University - 12th Grade English 75 & must be studied within the past five academic years. - - with Pre Cas or English Interview
- University of Portsmouth
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- University of Surrey
- Liverpool Hope University
- Royal Holloway University
- University of Sterling
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Dundee
- Coventry University
- Northumbria University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Strathclyde
- Robert Gordan University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Greenwich
- London Southbank University
But many universities require IELTS, such as Middlesex, Bedfordshire, West London, York St John and Greenwich & so on.
UK Study Visa without IELTS
So, can I get a UK study visa without IELTS? It is possible to obtain a UK study visa without IELTS only if a college has acknowledged your eligibility for a study visa without IELTS, so you must provide the immigration authorities with a certificate from the college. In addition, it is essential to meet the following qualifications to obtain a UK research visa without IELTS:
- A file confirmed by your university with the statement that you can make an application for a UK study visa without an IELTS rating. Acceptance letter from a university in the UK
- Applicants can also stand for the Secure English Language Test (SELT) mandated by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as valid evidence for English efficiency without IELTS.