BA Business Studies at UK Universities
With the help of this adaptable business studies course, you may empower yourself with a wide range of business and management expertise. In addition, you can access subjects from around the world if you choose business studies, which will open up a world of prospects for you. Through this course, you will develop your managerial experience and lay the groundwork for future professional growth. Additionally, you'll discover the structure of organizations and learn how to optimize their performance. Throughout the year, industry speakers are invited to participate. By encouraging participation from students who may not have previously considered pursuing a higher level qualification or those who, for various reasons, cannot immediately satisfy typical entry requirements for undergraduate degrees, the Foundation Year hopes to support widening participation and lifelong learning.
- Award: BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Year
- Study Location: London ( Whitechapel)
- Award University: Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) UK
- Credit Value: 360
- Course Structure: Level 4 – 120 credits Level 5 – 120 credits Level 6 – 120 credits
- Duration: with foundation 4 Years - without Foundation 3 years
- Academic year: 2022-23
- Mode of Study: Full-time
- Language of study: English
- Course Fees: £7,500 /Year
- Time tables: Day, Evening & Weekend
BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Year - Four years
The Foundation Year is a well-organized, stated course for entering higher education. It will give a strong foundation for upcoming undergraduate study. It is not intended to serve as a stand-alone qualification but rather to support particular degree programmes to which it is closely related. The Foundation Year provides a basic introduction to what it means to be a university student. It will give students the interpersonal and intellectual tools they need for successful college study. It offers a unique chance to enhance fundamental academic abilities. Students will also start to build an excellent portfolio of transferable talents for their ability to be employable in various careers. Small class sizes, intensive instruction, and personalized pastoral care will help students get the most out of the degree and adjust to university life.
The Foundation Year offers a prolonged and comprehensive introduction to higher education (HE) that directly contributes to students' learning throughout the Foundation Year and throughout their entire degree programme after that. A direct articulation into current and upcoming undergraduate non-QTS degree courses is provided via the Foundation Year. Following the articulated degree programmes requires completing this programme. The articulated Foundation Year will increase the number of students who are suitably prepared, which will benefit many degree programmes. In addition, it tries to lessen the additional academic support some learners might otherwise require.
The program aims to prepare students for Level 4 undergraduate work. This will:
- Educate students on the fundamentals of academic communication and problem-solving techniques.
- Help students become critical thinkers using multidisciplinary contexts for inquiry, research, and evidence-based analysis.
- Assist students in developing their learning strategies to prepare for undergraduate study.
- Enable students to build a variety of employability-related transferable skills.
This programme is intended for students who lack the standard academic credentials or UCAS points required for direct admission to a degree programme. Students who complete the Foundation Year continue to their chosen degree programmes. The BA (Hons) Business Studies degree offers a solid foundation in various business-related topics, including management, entrepreneurship, marketing, finance, and strategy. You can develop projects and expertise in areas of interest through the Project Management and Implementation and Capstone Project modules. In addition, the "Business Start-up" and "Exploring Professional Practise" modules prepare you for employment, self-employment, or future study and instil confidence in your abilities to thrive in business. This modern degree gives you knowledge of and an appreciation for cross-cultural problems, interrelated, mutable, and various global marketplace opportunities, as well as insight into and a grasp of international business operations and culturally diverse organizations. You are urged to take charge of your learning by interacting with academic knowledge and research, tutors, case studies, and peers. Modules are taught and graded using a range of active learning methodologies.
BA Business Studies Entry Requirements
You do not need formal UCAS points to qualify for the foundation year. The applicant must possess one of the following to meet the entry requirements for admission:
- Minimum of three GCSEs or a level 2 equivalent
- or professional experience accompanied by a CV and letter of recommendation
- and show English proficiency (often a GCSE or equivalent is preferred).
- And display a desire to learn and a realistic expectation of passing the course.
The Admission Tutor will interview each applicant to determine each person's English proficiency and appropriateness for the Foundation Year. In addition, the applicant's abilities in speaking, listening, and writing will be evaluated by the admission tutor. The proper degree of international credentials will also be accepted. The College will use ECCTIS (formerly UK NARIC) to determine the comparability of any foreign credentials.
BA Business Studies English Language Requirements
The ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend spoken English at a level similar to CEFR level B2 is required of applicants to be considered for admission. The following English language tests are accepted:
- English at GCSE, C/4
- 5.5 in the IELTS, including 5.5 in reading and writing
- PTE 51
Before receiving an offer of a spot on a programme, applicants who lack a formal qualification to prove their proficiency in English must pass the College's written English Language test. In addition, the Admission Tutors will evaluate their spoken English skills during the interview. Suppose a student states a disability, a unique learning issue, or a long-term health condition on their application form. In that case, appropriate alternate arrangements to written assessments will be arranged, such as oral questioning, amanuensis, etc.
BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Year Core Modules
- Organizational Environments
- Marketing Fundamentals
- An Introduction to Human Resource Management
- An Introduction to Leadership and Management
- Finance and Business Performance
- Innovation and Creativity within Organizations
- Project Management and Implementation
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Exploring Strategy and Risk Management
- An Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
- CSR & Sustainability
- Managing Performance through People
- Change Leadership and Decision Making
- Contemporary Project Management in Practice
- International Business
- Business Research Methods
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Exploring Professional Practice
- Business Start-up
- Social Innovation, Social Inclusion, and Entrepreneurship
- Capstone Project
Finally, if you would like more information about the UK BA (Hons) Business Studies course or to get started on your application, you can book a free consultation with UK University College. If not, you can contact us through our Facebook page.