BSc Health, Wellbeing and Social Care
The healthcare industry is evolving more than ever. This BSc (Hons) Health, Wellbeing and Social Care programme will put you in the lead and give you the dynamism you need to succeed in a constantly changing field. Your knowledge and abilities must change as healthcare continues to advance.
Intakes: January, June and September
Duration: Four years
Awarded Degree: BSc (Hons) Health, Wellbeing and Social Care with Foundation Year
Awarded Qualification: BSc (Hons) Health, Wellbeing and Social Care with Foundation Year
Timetables: Weekdays, evenings and weekends
Locations: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds
BSc (Hons) Health, Wellbeing and Social Care with Foundation Year
This BSc (Hons) Health, Wellbeing and Social Care with Foundation Year study provides an in-depth analysis of the healthcare industry and aids in developing the abilities and experiences required to make a difference beyond graduation. The Foundation Year's learning framework has been created to help you advance your academic skills while learning vital health and social care information. This year's lessons will give you a foundational grasp of the industry and help you go through the course's subsequent years. The course will gradually increase in intensity over the next three years as it covers essential subjects, including behavioural influences on healthcare delivery and how to implement effective management across the industry. Our knowledgeable teachers, who will provide you with a wealth of experience and priceless viewpoints during the course, will match the quality of the materials. With the knowledge, experience, and industry perspective required to influence health and social care both now and in the future, you will be prepared to start your new profession thanks to the course's structure.
Year 0 (Foundation Year)
- Academic writing skills for success 1 (20 credits)
- Health and Social Care 1 (20 credits)
- Health and well-being across communities and in Health and Social Care environments (20 credits)
- Professional Foundations of Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Care, compassion and communication in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Academic writing skills for success 2 (20 credits)
- Introduction to using research and evidence in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Health and Social Care 2 – policies and Practice (20 credits)
- Communication and ethics in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Culture and Society in Health (20 credits)
- Biological, psychological and social determinants of health across the life course (20 credits)
- Careers and employability in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Equality and social justice in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Safeguarding children and adults in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Health and Social Care 3 – Professional development through work-based learning (20 credits)
- Health and Social Care for healthy ageing (20 credits)
- Applied research in practice (20 credits)
- Mental health and well-being across the life course (20 credits)
- Evaluating and managing quality in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Social Justice, equality and vulnerability (20 credits)
- Challenging evidence Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Leadership and management in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- 60 Credits of Ofqual at Level 3 or 80 UCAS tariff points (or higher).
- The admissions committee evaluates each applicant through an interview process that includes listening, speaking, and writing a personal reflection statement.
Ages 21 and up
We will also consider applicants with life or professional skills that would qualify them for undergraduate study with a Foundation course if they still need to fulfil the usual entry requirements.
The admissions team must evaluate each applicant's listening, speaking, and writing skills through an interview and a personal reflection statement.
- An application form
- Supervised Personal reflection statement
- Personal interview
BSc (Hons) Health, Wellbeing and Social Care (Level 6 direct entry route)
With just one year of study, this new Level 6 direct entry route offers a focused path towards earning a full BSc (Hons) in Health, well-being, and Social Care, greatly expanding your personal and professional horizons. With the new Level 6 direct entry pathway, you can complete the requirements for a full BSc (Hons) in Health, well-being, and Social Care in just one year of study. This is a fantastic venue for broadening your skill set, gaining in-depth knowledge of essential healthcare topics, and enhancing your résumé overall.
With a challenging curriculum, a productive learning environment, and skilled instruction, the learning structure has been created to push your overall growth and provide the framework to succeed in your studies. Your year of study will provide you with the knowledge you need to move forward into a rewarding future career in social or health care. Employers will value your newly acquired abilities and experiences, and you will know to function well today while also having the opportunity to identify tomorrow's industry problems.
- Leadership and Enterprise in Health, Social Care and Community Settings
- Difficulties Families Face with Therapeutic Interventions
- Mental Health, Resilience and Recovery Across the Life-course
- Independent Project
Entry Requirement: Completing the HND in Healthcare Practice for England is required for admission to this course.
Finally, if you want to learn more about the BSc Health, Wellbeing and Social Care course or wish to begin your application, please book a free consultation with UK University College. Our Facebook page is available if you need help.