Study in Hungary
Hungary, which connects Central and Eastern Europe, boasts several attractions from both continents, but it is most proud of having its unique personality. This pride has some justification. Hungary has much to offer tourists, from Budapest's architectural and cultural treasures to vineyard-covered hills and ancient castles. Due to its abundant natural and artificial attractions, low living costs, and strong international focus, Hungary is expected to become a more attractive study destination shortly. You may be at the forefront of that movement by studying in Hungary.
Why Choose Hungary to study abroad?
Hungary is dedicated to becoming a top hub for higher education, despite not having a study-abroad reputation as strong as European nations like the UK, Germany, or France. Hungary's universities accept an increasing number of international students, both in exchange programs and for full degrees. They are expanding the number of courses taught in languages other than Hungarian, most frequently English. Universities in Hungary provide three levels of degree: alapképzés (bachelor's), mesterképzés (master's), and doktori képzés. This is by the Bologna Process, which strives to make European higher education institutions more compatible (doctorate). Master's programs last one to two years, doctoral programs three years, and bachelor's degrees commonly three to four years. It's also feasible to finish a single five- or six-year course that combines the bachelor's and master's levels in several fields.
Popular Course Areas to Study in Hungary
- Architecture Studies
- Business Studies
- Design Studies
- Economic Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Health Care
- Life Sciences
- Management Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Sustainability Studies
- Technology Studies
Entry Requirements for Study in Hungary
- IELTS: 5.0 - 6.0
- TOEFL: 60 - 80
- The original copy as well as the translated version of your secondary school diploma or certificate
- The original and translated copies of your secondary school transcript
- A CV and a motivational letter
- A copy of your passport's photo page(s).
- IELTS: 5.5 - 6.5
- TOEFL: 70 - 90
- Applicants for the Master's program must submit a copy of their university transcript and Bachelor's diploma.
- Other documents are similar to bachelors.
Required documents for admission to Hungarian Universities
- Valid passport
- Visa Application Form
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical insurance
- Letter of acceptance from the university
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of paid fee
- Financial status
Top Universities/Colleges to study in Hungary
- University of Pecs, Pécs
- University of Debrecen, Debrecen
- International Business School (IBS), Budapest
- Budapest Metropolitan University of Applied Science, Budapest
- Szechenyi Istvan University (University of Gyor), Gyor
Tuition Fees for students in Hungary
The cost of most degrees for international students is between 1,200 and 5,000 euros per year. On the other hand, a medical or dental degree typically costs between 12,000 and 16,000 euros annually.