Study in the UK from India - Study in the UK for Indian Students
We have started recruiting Indian students to study in the UK, as India is one of the primary sources of students for British Universities. We do not have offices in India yet, but you can contact the UK University College office for more information.
- University of Plymouth International College
- International College of Portsmouth University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Birmingham City University
- University of Portsmouth
- Rober Gordon University
- Coventry University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Bournemouth University
- Bangor University
- University of East Anglia
Why do Indian students want to Study in the UK?
As a multicultural country, the United Kingdom welcomes students from all over the world. English is the primary language here, so Indian students easily adjust to the country. Additionally, the outstanding quality of education, the abundance of study options, the modern educational approaches, the student job opportunities, prospects, relevant practice, and an overall exciting study experience in one of the world's most desirable countries are all excellent characteristics. Further, it is undoubtedly a fact that more students will pursue their degrees at UK universities since government UK visa regulations allow students studying for degrees in the UK from 2020-2021 to stay for two more years to work after completing their studies. Additionally, Indian students can continue their education in the United Kingdom.
Let's have a look at UK education.
Type of education available in the UK
Educational Institution in the UK
- Class-Room Based University
- Online or Open University
- College & Institution of Higher Education
- Teacher Training College
- Others Institute
Education Degrees in the UK
- Levels 4, 5, 7
- Under Graduate (Bachelor's Degree)
- Postgraduate (Master's Degree)
- Research Degree ( PhD/ DBA)
Research Degrees in the UK
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Professional / Taught Doctorates
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Requirements to Study in the UK from Indian Students
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum score of 6 overall and 5.5 each for Undergraduate and 6.5 for Postgraduate Studies is required. (UKVI IELTS require for many universities)
- If the student has scored well in the English language in XII standard (English medium) and has only studied English throughout school and college, a study in the UK without IELTS is possible. Only some universities accept those with B. and many with B + and above.
Requirements to Study in the UK from India
The next step is determining what requirements you will need to meet to be admitted to a particular university. First, you should know what requirements you must fulfil to be accepted. Consequently, you need to do your research on the university of your choice and inquire about the specific requirements. A student visa is subject to varying rules depending on the degree you wish to obtain.
In the United Kingdom, qualifications earned abroad are rarely recognised. In some cases, you may need to complete a foundation year to acquire specific expertise in the areas in which your regular course is taught. In colleges with high competitiveness and strict selection criteria, students may submit optional documents such as motivational letters, reference letters, and proofs of work experience in addition to their regular course materials. When applying for a graduate degree, the same process uses.
What course do I choose?
Before applying to any university, you must research first. Know about the university, its location, facilities etc. and learn about the course on its official website, most importantly, the fees and course modules. See how you can achieve your goals through the subject. Research the jobs you could get after the particular course and many more. Now after you feel that you are fit for a particular course at a specific university, you might begin applying.
The UK has many educational institutions that offer a wide range of degrees. Students living at home may find it convenient to narrow down a few universities and decide quickly. If you are unfamiliar with UK institutions and their degrees, you must do additional research before making your final selection. If not, you can visit our office or contact us online.
The documents required for the offer letter are:
- Your Passport
- IELTS if needed (Some universities accept students without IELTS if you have a B or B+ and above)
- Next, Your CV - You can check our website for Sample CVs
- SOP (Statement of purpose) We have a separate video on writing SOP. I've included the link in the description below.
- All academic certificates such as your 10th-grade, 10+2 (O and A-Level), and Bachelor and Master Certificates are required. Whichever certificate your highest degree is. (Please note that For Indian students, few Universities require Digi locker Certificates. So get it from digilocker.gov.in )
- You must provide work experience or an explanation letter if you have a GAP after completing your previous degree.
- Academic References, i.e. (a Minimum of 2 Letters of Recommendation are required)
The documents must be scanned in JPG format once all the necessary documentation is gathered. Then, the education consultant will review the records. Following the review, the application can be submitted to the University. Educational consultants usually provide free assistance in completing application forms as well
- The first is conditional,
- Second is unconditional.
If everything goes according to plan, the University will let you know within a few weeks whether you have been accepted.
- Application submission to the University
- Get a condition Letter
- Pay tuition fee
- Issues Unconditional Letter
- Visa Application
Visa for Indian students to study in the United Kingdom
To study in the UK, Indian students must obtain a student visa. Tier 4 student visas are available in the United Kingdom. You must have been accepted into the program by a university to apply for a Tier 4 visa. In addition, you need to demonstrate that you have the financial resources to support your living and educational expenses in the UK by then.
Additionally, you will need to have the following documents on hand:
- Valid Passport
- Proof of English Proficiency
- An explanation of your financial means for funding your stay in the United Kingdom
- The result of the Tuberculosis Test
- Under 18 years of age, proof of parental or consonant guardian consent.
When can you apply from India to study in the UK?
A Tier 4 student visa is typically obtained three months before the beginning of your course. However, visa applications may take up to three weeks to be processed. Therefore, whenever you wish, you may check on the status of the application. For information on visa fees, please refer to the British embassy website. Furthermore, it is essential to understand the benefits and restrictions applicable to your student visa in the UK.
What is the Cost of studying in the UK from India?
- Bachelor's Degree starts from £10,000 Per year
- A master's Degree starts from £12,000 Per year
Scholarships are available from the University of the West of England for Indian students.
Because of the numerous funding options available to British institutions, students in India can easily access scholarships offered by various organisations to study in the United Kingdom. Taking some time and conducting some research will save you a lot of money in the long run if you find one by doing research. In the United Kingdom, there are both government and non-government scholarships available. The government-funded scholarship programmes in the United Kingdom are:
- Scholarships from the Chevening Institute
- Study Abroad Programs
The UK government offers scholarships for Indian students and several other financing options for overseas students.
- Bank Statement
- Medical Report
Accommodation for Indian students
- University Accommodation
- Private Rent
- Friends and relatives
Almost all Indian students who study in the UK stay on campus. Usually, students can choose between self-catered halls or catered halls with dining areas where affordable meals can be purchased. Many options are available to students, including WiFi access and furniture insurance. All of the rooms are clean and well-maintained and reasonably priced. Most residence halls are open to male and female students; however, single-gender residence halls are also available. Furthermore, some students live in private, leased housing following their first year to better understand life outside of the campus.
Estimated Cost per month
- Rent starts from £350
- Groceries - £101
- Going out £47
- Takeaways and eating out £41
- Household bills - £40
- Transport - £34
- Clothes and shopping: -£34
- Course materials - £17
- Mobile phone - £20
- Health and wellbeing - £15
- Holidays and events - £20
- Gifts and charity - £13
- Other - £20
Employment for Indian students
Part-Time Employment in UK During Studies
A student is permitted to work up to 20 hours a week and full-time during holidays during the school year. During term time, students are likely to earn approximately £8 or more an hour, equating to about £400 to £600 per month, and during holidays, students can work full-time. In addition, students may look for part-time jobs in local newspapers, job shops, and university and college career centres, where vacancies are published. However, the University does not guarantee part-time employment for students. Moreover, if you are visiting the UK as a student for six months or less, you will not be able to work or renew your visa.
Employment in the UK after Graduating
Graduates of British institutions will be eligible to obtain a work visa for two years (PSW). The Tier 2 – Sponsored Skilled Category is available to individuals with a recognised Bachelor's degree or higher from a UK university. The student visa can only be changed to TIER 2 in the UK before it expires. Dependents may work only if the student is enrolled in a university postgraduate program (Master's Degree).
Student entrepreneurs with a brilliant concept
Those with genuine student entrepreneurs with brilliant ideas can continue working in the UK to further develop their company under the Tier 2 (General) category.
Why Indian Students Choose the UK
As a commonwealth country, India is not a new name for Indians. The British people have an excellent relationship with them. Similarly, the post-study employment route is developing, which will attract the brightest and most acceptable candidates. This resulted in over 270,000 Indian students gaining access to the world-class education of the UK in the past decade. As a result, India's students will continue to study, work, and contribute to the UK for many years. Over 1,400 walk-ins were recorded at the recent Study UK Fair in New Delhi, which allowed students to speak with representatives from more than 50 UK universities.
The United Kingdom remains one of the most popular destinations for Indian tourists. In the last year alone, more than 512,000 Indians were granted visit visas, an increase of 9% over the previous year. For example, there:
- Top Class Qualifications
- The course connects interests, ambitions, and passions.
- Modern Learning Environment
- Learning both dependently and independently will prepare you for workplace challenges.
- Having a strong emphasis on independent learning will encourage students to think creatively.
- Quality of Education
- The education system's dropout rates are among the lowest in the west.
- As a result of the system's provision of numerous societies, social events/activities, clubs, tutors, counsellors, and other services.
- In the UK, students can access unmatched facilities anywhere else, thus attracting employers.
- UK institutions offer scholarships and bursaries to students in need.
- The UnitedKingdom provides free health care (after NHS surcharges)
- Discounts are provided to students by the National Union of Students.
- There is a wide variety of academic institutions, subjects, and areas to choose from.
- This cosmopolitan city has various ethnic groups and nationalities from all over the globe.
- Providing students with an environment that is tolerant and stable, where they can learn and interact with people from all walks of life.
- Time Duration
- Shorter duration programmes when compared to others.
- Postgraduate studies last one year, while Undergraduate studies last three years
- Gateway to Europe
- As a student in the UK, you will have the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of Europe's economies and working environments, as several central European countries are within a short distance with inexpensive and straightforward transportation options.
- Post-Study Work
- Two years of Post-Study Work (PSW) for international undergraduates and postgraduates.
- Sample Bank Balance Certificate
- Sample FD Balance Certificate
- Sample Education Loan sanction letter format
- You should have a list of 'original documents with you to the VFS for a Visa interview
- A mock interview questionnaire – You must be prepared for the interview based on these questions
- Sample Letter of Consent, if the funds are in the parents' account
- Sample Under 18 consent letter to be signed by applicant's parents (if applicable)
- RBI Regulated Banks
- Approved Clinicians for TB Screening
YouTube Videos for Assistance
At last, Follow us on Instagram for regular updates, and please visit our service section for regular updates.