Study in the UK from Nepal - UK University Admission for Nepalese Student
This section provides all information for Nepalese students about the UK university admission process. We have tried our best to provide an affordable university list, courses, tuition fees etc.
We want to clarify university fees, installation, exams, etc. A few examples are:
Would you be able to help with the search for housing and employment?
They will indeed try their best, but they cannot guarantee it.
Can education consultants assist with University fees and their instalments?
Unfortunately, no. It is a matter between the student and the university. However, they give information on their scholarships.
What will happen if students fail their exams?
A student who fails the exam will lose the university's sponsorship.
What is the role of Education consultancy in this situation?
If you can't get a progressive report, No one can help you.
What does Educational Consultancy do, then?
The company will help you determine the best university based on your academic record.
Simultaneously, they offer a hassle-free admission process.
So, if you are happy with the information provided below, please look at the info for UK University Admissions.
Preferred Partners For Nepalese Student to Study in the UK
You can select from over 40 UK universities. At present, we work exclusively with three universities.
York St John University
York St John University, also known as York Diocesan College, is located on a large urban campus in York, England. It was elevated to university status in 2006. Over 6,000 students are enrolled in Arts, Design and Computer Science, Education, and Health Sciences courses. A London campus is also available.
University of Worcester
The University of Worcester was founded in 1946, began awarding degrees in 1997, and gained university status in 2005. The university serves the only English counties of Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
University of East London
The University of East London (UEL) is a public university located in the London Borough of Newham, England, with three campuses located in Stratford and Docklands following the opening of University Square Stratford in September 2013. A total of 17,000 students attend this university from 135 countries.
Overview of Study in the UK
- Multicultural, Freedom of Expression
- Nepal and the UK have more than 200 years of relationship. Nepal is pretty familiar to British Community due to Gurkha Army. Most 200K plus Nepalese live in the UK, so you will not feel alone.
- Educational qualifications from the UK are highly credited throughout the employment sector worldwide.
- The oldest established education system allows students to build the skills required to strive in the international economy. Internationally Recognised Degrees and Qualifications,
- World-Class Education in World's Best Universities,
- Modern Learning Environment with Wide Choice of Courses & Institutions
- Affordable Tuition Fees and Flexible & Shorter Duration Programs,
- Gateway to European Countries
- Two years of Post-Study Work(PSW) Visa for Graduate Students.
Document list for Nepalese Student Offer Letter
Now, I'd like to elaborate.
Multicultural, Freedom of Expression
Britain is a multicultural country with ethnicities and nationalities from around the world. Freedom of expression is a hallmark of the country. London is its capital.
Quality of life, Study and World Recognize Qualifications
Since British degrees are widely recognised, you may choose a subject based on your significant interests, passions, and ambitions. It is a consequence of the system providing multiple societies, social events/activities, clubs, personal tutors, counsellors and many more, which are unmatched anywhere else by the students in the UK.
Modern Learning Environment
In the UK, there is everything that will help you stand out as a prospective employer. You will be prepared for the challenges of a working environment by balancing independent and dependent learning. Additionally, students can engage in creative thinking due to the predominant preference for independent learning.
Affordable Tuition Fee & Health
UK universities offer students a variety of scholarships and bursaries when needed. The UK provides free health care, but health surcharges must be paid in advance. In addition, students are eligible for discounts on buses, trains and shopping.
Short Duration - Short Courses
Unlike other destinations such as the United States and Canada, the UK offers a three-year bachelor's degree program and a one-year master's degree program. As a result, you will be able to complete your program sooner in the UK than in other countries.
Gateway to Europe
Since many central European countries are within a short distance of the UK, you will have the opportunity to experience the economies and work environments of the continent.
Post Study Work
International undergraduate and postgraduate students can complete two years of post-study work (PSW).
Now, let's have a look at Educational institutes and degrees.
Types of Educational Institute
- Class-Room Based University
- Online / Open University
- College / Higher Education
- Teacher Training College
- Other Private Institute
Types of Degrees
- Levels 4, 5, 7
- Under Graduate (Bachelor's Degree)
- Postgraduate (Master's Degree)
- Research Degree ( PhD/ DBA)
Types of Research Degrees
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
English Language Requirements to Study in the UK
- The minimum IELTS score for postgraduate studies is six, and for undergraduate studies is 5.5.
- A student with a minimum of 65% in English in the 12th grade can study in the UK without taking the IELTS test. This is because English is the language of instruction in schools and colleges. (English Medium).
- Regardless of the language of your study or the percentage of your English proficiency, you must provide PTE or IELTS results if you apply for a Staff Nurse position.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- 55% and above for humanities in XIIth.
- 70 – 80% and above for Science, Engg.
- Some Universities could also consider 2nd class.
- 60 % and above
- Work Experience
- English Language
Research Degree PhD / DBA
- Two years Master's OR M. Phil Degree
- Minimum aggregate of 55% marks
- English Language
- Certain Universities have deadlines.
- It is advised to apply at least three months in advance.
Intakes to Study in the UK
- Usually, universities offer Intake in Jan / Feb or September / October.
- However, many universities also offer intake this month as well. March / April / May / June / Nov intake. For Example, BPP, Bedfordshire
UK Study Visa Checklist
As you know, Nepalese students must obtain a visa to pursue a full-time degree program in the UK. As a full-time student, you must earn a Bachelor's, master or PhD degree. A student visa is not issued for part-time courses. We have a specific person who can assist students with visa formalities. A licensed sponsor must give a CAS certification to be eligible for a student visa. The key duration is generally the course duration plus 1 to 4 months, depending on the program size. We have provided students and parents with a checklist for studying in the UK. Please visit our website: Study in the UK checklist from Nepal.
UK University Tuition Fees
- For Bachelor: Start from £9,200
- For Master Degree: Start from £12,000
Living Expenses - Per Year
- Inside London: £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) £12006 in Total
- Outside London: £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) £9207 in Total
- Each Dependent £845 Per month (inner London), £7605 in Total
- Each Dependent £680 Per month (Outer London), £6120 in Total
Types of Accommodation
- On-Campus: Hostels (Self or Fully Catered)
- Off-Campus: Renting a Flat/ Apartment
- Homestay: Rent / Families / Friends
Scholarships to Study in the UK
Some universities in the UK offer bursaries and scholarships to some of their students. The selection is based on a student's merits and performance during the study. In addition to the awards, specific departments may give awards to Nepalese students pursuing further studies in the UK. Some UK universities offer unique awards to Nepalese students. Additionally, scholarships supported by the government areas below.
- Chevening Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- DFID scholarship and others
- Universities provide partial bursaries for specific courses, although the quantity is limited.
- The Undergraduate and Vocation Scholarship Scheme (UVS) is offered by over 60 universities in partnership with the British government.
- British Chevening: for deserving students wanting to study Research / Taught Postgraduate Courses in the United Kingdom.
- Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowship Plans are only available to Commonwealth residents.
- Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme for postgraduate studies.
- University-based scholarships are part bursaries ranging from £ 1000 to £ 2500 intuition price reduction.
During studies, part-time employment is available in the UK, and students may earn roughly above £ 8.5 per hour.
- Students can work up to 20 hours per week
- and full-time during holidays.
Students can work full time during holidays.
As you know, you can work full time during holidays. So, you can work as your wish. But generally, Nepalese students get jobs at restaurants, local Newspapers, and Department stores ( Off-Licence). You cannot work or renew your visa if you visit the UK as a student for six months or less.
Employment in the UK after Graduating
After graduation from a UK University, international students will be eligible for a two-year Post Studt Work (PSW) visa.
UK's Bachelor's or Master's Degree holders can convert to Tier 2 – Sponsored Skilled Category.
They can only change to TIER 2 if they are in the UK before their student visa expires.
Tier 2 (General) Work Visa
The Tier 2 (General) category is for foreign nationals given a skilled job that a settled worker needs to fill.
Only Master Degree students can bring a child or partner as a dependent.
If you are coming as a Bachelor's Degree student, you can not get your dependent.
A dependent may work only if the student is enrolled in a postgraduate programme at a university.
We have noticed that students first apply only for themself and get the visa.
And they will come to the UK. Then, after that, they start the process of dependence.
Entrepreneurs' Oppertunative for Genuine Students
Once you have completed your degree, you can apply for a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa. But you'll need to show that your ideas are new. It means genuine students with brilliant concepts can stay in the UK to implement their ideas. The Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) pathway will expand to accommodate more excellent MBA graduates from UK higher education institutions (HEIs).
There is nothing guaranteed. We are here to help you in any way.
Neither University nor educational consultancy does not guarantee a student visa, students' part-time work, or accommodation.
Videos for Assistance